Friday, October 9, 2009

The Great Gym Heist of 2009

I've been robbed!! And literally, you know, not just figuratively, like when I so should have won that Sportsgirl competition! Yesterday when I was at the gym my locker was broken into and my cards and cash were stolen. I find it odd that in these sort of situations the initial shock quickly gives way to an overwhelming sense of relief. It could have been so much worse. Another girl had her whole handbag stolen. They left my half-empty wallet, my phone, my camera, my ID...really the loss was minimal.
Nevertheless, I did have trouble sleeping last night, and spent a large part of the day today trying to cheer myself up - Ben, Jerry and Vogue ought to do it! And the More Dash Than Cash issue to boot! Then a call from my Mum to top it all off! Now I just have to figure out how to get money using this chequebook thingy I have not managed to use once in the 18 months since the bank gave it to me.

ps My detective skills are really coming along with all my Veronica Mars watching. Unfortunately I really don't think the Islington Met gave a shit about finding out whodunnit!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how horrible!! Luckily you weren't badly targeted!

    mynaturalanthem

    ReplyDelete

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails