Thursday, October 8, 2009

Album of the Week


Everyone was going on about this album so much when it was released that I purposely stayed away from it, the stubborn teenager inside me determined not to jump on the bandwagon, my most hated thing to jump on, by the way.
But, having heard the songs so much on ads and the like, I found them constantly looping over and over in my head, and when I can't get a song out of my mind I just have to listen to it - it's the only way to get over it!
So, having reluctantly loaded it on my iPod, it has been on pretty high rotation all week. You know those songs that make you so happy you just want to sing at the top of your lungs, but you remember just in time that you are on a packed bus, or the treadmill at the gym? Yeah, there are a few of those. Then you get to the final track, and bliss - a pretty straightforward cover of 'You've Got the Love' from the SATC final episode!! Such great memories come flooding back whenever I hear that song.
So, all in all, definitely worth the download. Plus - famous redhead!

5 comments:

  1. Great review! I know the feeling of not wanting to jump on the bandwagon but having the curiosity to just try whatever it is that's experiencing such hype. I'll have to give this a spin myself. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes I likey, yeah I had heard hype about it in blog town, and bought her album expecting much more, so I didn't love it as much as i thought, but somedays I really really feel like listening to it, and it is a beautiful thing!

    what other music do you like? I need some new bands to listen too! I need new tunessss badddd!

    Thanks for your comment, I painted the background on a bit of card and scanned it in, as with the header, and then I tried to teach myself html to change things how I wanted them to look, but it was hard and I didn't know what I was doing! But I tried!! Originally I think it was the minima lefty stretch, which is why it is wide!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. your too right about the CV business!
    xxx
    http://dressmeinheels.blogspot.com
    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's touring for the Laneway Festival so hopefully I'll get to see her!

    ReplyDelete

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails