Friday, August 7, 2009

You come at the king, you best not miss


I know I’m not gonna be the first person to say this, and I know I’m not a critic who can wax lyrical about subtle nuances, but The Wire really is the best TV show ever made. It is like they have watched every other TV series and figured out how to make it better in every way. It blurs the distinction between good and evil like never before. Its character development is like nothing you have ever experienced. You feel compassion for people you hate, you want to adopt street kids that don’t even exist, and you will thank God that you don’t have to live your life like this.
Thanks to the recession (it had to work in our favour sooner or later) JB Hifi was having a ridiculous sale & we picked up seasons 2, 3 & 4 for less than half price. Trouble is we’re so addicted we stayed up ‘til all hours every night watching episode after episode until they were all gone! There is a big Wire-shaped hole in our lives that only Season 5 can fill. Obtaining it is our new life purpose. ps. Have you overseas people seen Underbelly? Season 1 is a must!


I am totally in love with Omar (yes, I know he’s gay, it just adds to the mystique).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails