Sunday, August 16, 2009

Capsule Wardrobe

As the 21st August draws nearer, I start to think about packing. Maybe that should be panic about packing. Of course, in the past 2 years I have had to pack my entire life & move it halfway around the world twice already so I should be a pro, right?
I like to approach it like I’m a designer creating a capsule collection from my archives. It has to distil the essence of me, in a suitcase. Sometimes you might find you learn a lot about yourself & your style. I may have forgotten that item even existed for the past 2 years, but it does serve an essential purpose in a wider context, I swear!
I really should have brought less with me, seeing as I have worn the same outfit pretty much everyday for 4 months. Plus, this time I need to take summer clothes with me, which I haven’t needed since December 2007! Wish me luck!
Made a collage of a few things I couldn’t live without…




My Josh Goot silver trench; My tan brogues I wear every second day; My Carrie dress - a vintage one my sister bought for about 20 bucks but reminds me of Miss Bradshaw; Primark shirt dress that must have a cost-per-wear ratio in the negative by now; Marc Jacobs (that I think might be Marc Fakeobs); Morine Comte Morant top I got on sale from ASOS just in time to wear once before leaving London :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails