Friday, November 20, 2009

Album of the Week


Forgot all about doing an Album of the Week last week as I was running around like crazy preparing for the weekend. Most of this week was spent recovering from said weekend, which incidentally involved dancing to alot of Florence and the Machine. So, after asking Wes for a recommendation, we have been kindly introduced to Pony Pony Run Run. Info about them is a bit thin on the ground, unfortunately. Apparently they have been around for a few years; I would describe their sound as electro-pop/rock; and they seem to be heavily into the current trend for bands and friends-of-bands remixing each other's stuff back and forth, and they even have a feature on their myspace where you can remix the tracks yourself.
Owing to their Frenchness, comparisons to Phoenix are probably unavoidable, and to be honest they do sound a little bit like them. But Phoenix are great, so is that such a bad thing? I do really like all the tracks I've heard so far. I think they remind me a bit of Passion Pit too, whom I also love, so all round, I can't see what's not to like about Pony Pony Run Run except the amount of concentration it takes to type their name! Their album 'You Need Pony Pony Run Run' is out now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails