Friday, November 6, 2009

Album of the Week


Hurrah! I always have the highest expectations of Kasabian, and finally, this new album does not disappoint. Do I need to say the title? Really? Okay, but don't sue me if I get it wrong, West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum. I have always found that they are a band with great singles (more than great. Really, really great), but then not enough songs to back those up on an album, so I end up skipping to the tracks I know and find everything else a bit, well, boring. But this one is definitely a listen-all-the-way-through album, and I'm thinking I might have to discipline myself to have another go at their previous releases, just in case I missed any gems. They do write that kind of rock-pop with an awesome riff that is right up my alley. They are very catchy tunes, but here they add in a few twists and switching of genres so it doesn't get lumped in the Brit-pop bin, like I think they have been before. Don't they just look cool too? Obv I'm a sucker for a beardy-man and don't get me started on colonial military jackets! lol

Just listen to this album. You will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails