Sunday, September 20, 2009

Having holiday withdrawals...

Well, I just returned from the most amazing trip to Croatia and Italy! Okay, maybe it was a week ago but I'm pretending I only just got back, as it's my only excuse for not posting in so long. I am still recovering, and let me tell you it didn't start well, either! Packing was always going to be a bit of a challenge, being my first summer holiday in a very long while: What do you wear when it's hot? To the beach? And to go out after a day at the beach? AND what do you wear when you're going to be spending a week on a sailing boat, going to the beach, and then going out after?? Anyway, had to go through all the boxes of clothes packed away in my friends' cupboard only to find that the whole box of shoes was missing! They must be at my old flat! Arghh! So I basically had to go on a summer holiday with shoes from my endless winter stint! I had to wear joggers pretty much everyday for almost 2 weeks! It was so hard to get dressed everyday knowing you look like a daggy tourist and not being able to do anything about it! Got some pretty funny looks from the locals, too, like they'd never seen a pair of athletic shoes before or something! Don't you just love travelling to countries where it's not considered rude to stare and point? Anyway, I think I managed to choose only photos where you can't see my shoes. Here are some typical sight-seeing photos to whet your appetite, more to come...


The promenade at Split. Hmm, I look kind of pregnant in this picture. Yeah, not.



Cafe culture inside Diocletian's Palace, Split


Dubrovnik, Croatia's 'Jewel'. Basically our week-long sailing trip was filled with scenery like this!


The Pantheon, Rome. Copied from the Greeks.

The Colosseum. Massive. Awesome.

St. Peter's Basilica, in the outfit that was supposedly so offensive it had to be covered up by scarves bought for 4 Euro each before I could enter!

After seeing the Sistine Chapel, you have to walk for about half an hour just to get out. This staircase was a welcome sight! Not that the Vatican wasn't great, just never-ending.

2 comments:

  1. I hate staircases with long stairs. Are they deliberately making it harder for me to walk or what?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were in Split?I live there:)
    Hope you liked it :)
    I know this is an old post but I had comment it!!
    Great blog!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Aww shucks, not only have you visited my blog, but now you're actually going to write something?

Related Posts with Thumbnails